The image above depicts the concatenation of two image filter processes and the efficient use of reference counting for the image memory. For more in-depth details of the DMA library access the DMA API Web Page or check our DMA Blog.
DMMD Algorithms, or DMA, enhances DMMD’s ability to provide customized image and signal processing solutions to our customers. The DMA Signal Processing Library is a simple, yet powerful library, that integrates state of the art and DMMD’s patented image and signal processing algorithms.
There are many reasons for deciding to develop a new imaging library, including: ability to have full control over the library usage, pride in developing something new, learning experience, and other less technical reasons. However, the number one reason for developing the new DMMD Algorithms Signal Processing Library (DMA) is that we did not find any open source software that addressed our particular needs. The open source image processing libraries available today did not address fully some of our needs and we hope that by addressing our needs this library will also address some of your needs. A list of some unique DMA features:
- Fast or safe memory access and easy boundary handling.
- Region of interest (ROI), index of interest (IOI) and multi-core parallel processing.
- Multi pixel-packing, point-packing and color-packing.
- Color, pixel and point packing are abstracted without compromising speed and adding extreme flexibility.
- Multi-types and templates.
- Reference counting for efficient memory sharing.
- Integrated data viewer with Visere for plug-n-play development.
- Small memory footprint.
- Innovative “File IO – To – Memory Interface” provides virtually unlimited data size support.
- Hundreds of classes for processing 1D, 2D, 3D and ND (N-dimensional) signals.
- Cross platform support: Windows, Mac OS, Linux, ARM, Android, and iOS.
- Test harness for examples on how to use the library.